Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hello again.

Today  I want to discuss Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.   Spinning out from the success of Marvel Avengers, this show focuses in on a rag tag team of non superhero agents of a not so secret agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division) as they run the globe protecting the unknown.

Now I'm gonna make this clear right now, I'm not a comic book reader. I can't say I have ever actually read a comic book in its entirety. My exposure to the Marvel and DC universes are strictly through the movies: Superman, Batman, X-Men, Iron Man, Avengers, etc.; or through T.V shows: Batman The Animated Series, Super Friends, Batman Beyond, etc.

Now knowing this, my views of these properties and this show in particular are not going to be based on comic books. I'm a big fan of the podcast Geek Out Loud! and the hosts Steve and Derek keep me in stitches each show and have a great insight into most things geek (except Star Trek, which is a blog for another time) and they have touched on the show a couple of times. To simply put it, in Yoda speak, "Fans, they are not."  Derek is just flat out hates the show while Steve is on the fence. And like other who I have read opinions from on Facebook and Twitter, it seems, to me at least, that a lot of hard core comic book fans aren't as taken with it as others. I have to admit, I disagree with Derek and some others when it comes to this show. I thoroughly enjoy the show. My non comic book influenced mind is caught up every Tuesday night. I find the stories intriguing, and engaging though the whole episode. I find the characters have depth and are surrounded still with mystery. What is S.H.I.E.L.D. keeping from Coulson? What is Skye's angle? Not to mention we have already had a visit from Nick Fury and who knows who else will show up while building to the next Avengers movie. These things keep me coming back each week and has quickly made Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one of my favorite shows on T.V. right now.

So if you haven't checked out Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., head to abc.com and give it a shot! Also go over to shotglassdigital.com or geekoutpodcast.com and check out Steve and Derek's show, Geek Out Loud! These guys know their stuff when it comes to the comic universe and more. Best part is, they will keep ya laughing while they do it. Well that's it for now.

Live long and Prosper,

May the Force be with you,

and more importantly, may God bless you all!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storage Finds!

My 2019 New Year's Resolutions

Daddy/Daughter Date Night