Where to begin....

This tends to happen every holiday, after Thanksgiving days fly by and before you can blink its Christmas.  That's what happened to me, I can't believe it took so long for me to write a new blog, time flew by, and the news came rolling in. Whether it was new writers for both Star Wars Episode 7 and Star Trek reboot 3, or the pic of R2-D2 with J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy at the studio in England. So much news... but I need to geek out on one thing that happened this week.

No, not the cool Stormtrooper t-shirt my wife got me for my birthday.

I'm talking about the announcement from Disney that they reached an agreement with Paramount Pictures over the Indiana Jones property. Yes, you read it right, the future of the most famous archeologist in the history is now in the hands of the Mouse. What does this mean for Dr. Jones? To find this out lets take a look at the deal.


Basically it goes as follows: Paramount Pictures, who released the original 4 Indiana Jones movies, will keep full distribution rights to those 4 movies. I have yet to hear or read anywhere if those rights include the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show. What does the House of Mouse get? Well, thats the best part. Disney gets the future. In other words, the only way Bob Iger and the shareholders make any money from Indiana Jones is to do something new with the franchise: merchandise in the parks, rides and attractions, a new TV show, Indy 5 and beyond! 
INDY 5!!!!!  Can you dig it??? 

Now nothing is official and nothing has been announced yet as to what Disney is going to do with Indy, but the future is so bright, especially if Disney wants to make money off one of the most recognizable characters of all time.  The support is there too. Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, even John Williams have all expressed interest in making Indy 5, so this isn't something that will be ignored for long. Unfortunately, Williams and Ford both are getting up there in age, but this hasn't stopped their love for what they do. John Williams has already committed to the new Star Wars sequel trilogy, and Harrison Ford hasn't stopped making films.

So lets see here, I'm getting new Star Wars movies, a new Star Wars TV show, a 3rd movie in the new Star Trek reboot, and now the possibility of a new Indiana Jones movie....what's next??? A Joss Whedon announcement that we are getting new Firefly episodes???? I can only wish! Whatever the future holds...I'm excited and I can't wait!

If you are a fan of Indiana Jones like me and want the latest news on whats going on with our beloved archeologist, tune in to the IndyCast Podcast. Host Ed Dolista keeps the latest news and speculation about Indy in the forefront, covering not only news, but with special episodes as well, from Indiana Jones radio dramas, to looks at the Indy comics, to collector news as well. The IndyCast cover's Indiana Jones like no other. The easiest place to find the episodes is through iTunes. And of course, like their catchphrase says, "If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!" 

For now I'm out. If ya have any comments or questions, hit me up! Feedback rocks!

Live Long and Prosper,

May the Force be with you,

and more importantly, may God bless you all richly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storage Finds!

My 2019 New Year's Resolutions

Daddy/Daughter Date Night