Why have I resisted Dr. Who?

So for years I have heard of Dr. Who and how great of a sci-fi show it was.  Yet, with my fandom of so many other franchises, I didn't want to get tied into a show that has been around since the 60's. That's a lot of seasons to catch up on. Besides, Star Wars has a new show and movie coming out, Star Trek has a new movie in the works, then with all the other franchises that aren't producing anything new: Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Space Above And Beyond; I wouldn't just have the time to squeeze in something else.

So what changed?

Well I started on a new team at work and my new cubicle partner is quite the fangirl. Besides liking Star Trek The Next Generation like me, she is quite the Whovian. So with her encouragement, plus since my free trial of Netflix was still going on from when the 6th season of Star Wars The Clone Wars was released, I bit the bullet and gave the good Doctor a try. Starting with what Netflix calls season 1, which aired in 2005, I began. Come to find out, this is the 9th incarnation of the Doctor, played this time by Christopher Eccleston, I have made it through the first 6 or 7 episodes, plus I caught a replay on the BBC just the other night of the episode entitled Day of the Doctor, which starred the 10th Doctor David Tennant, the 11th Doctor Matt Smith, and the 12th Doctor Peter Capaldi.

So after watching these episodes I'm left with this question....



WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO WATCH THIS SHOW?????????

The British know their stuff for sure. Incredible show. The comedic way the Doctor acts while jumping through time and space is quite enjoyable. My Whovian cubicle mate Amanda helped explain the basics to me before watching, mainly about how the Doctor is a Time Lord who when one body is done, changes to another. Apparently there have been 13 incarnations of the Doctor, which explains how they have been able to make the series since the 1960's.  Her explanation actually helped in the understanding of the series, which made watching it easier and more enjoyable, cause I wasn't trying to figure certain things out that my over analytical mind would been dealing with from the first episodes.

So for all you who have yet to give the good Doctor a try, don't wait! You don't have to have seen every episode from the 60's to know whats going on, Lord knows I haven't. If ya got Netflix, look it up and start from there. If not, the BBC always has it on.

So to all the friends who encouraged me to watch this show in the past and I blew you off: I'm sorry I didn't listen.

To my cubicle partner Amanda: Thanks for encouragement to watch. I'm hooked!

Well, to end this as I always do:

Live long and prosper,

May the Force be with you,

and more importantly, may God bless you richly every day of your life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storage Finds!

My 2019 New Year's Resolutions

Daddy/Daughter Date Night