My Favorite Star Wars Movie....

One thing question I always hear get asked is "what is your favorite Star Wars movie?"  And I have heard every answer under the sun. So that got me thinking which of the movies do I feel is my favorite? Which holds the fondest memories of me?

Now the general consensus is that The Empire Strikes Back is the greatest of the the 6 movies and I would have to agree. ESB is darker, has the start of Han and Leia's romance, Luke's first lightsaber battle, the revelation of Vader's and Luke's relationship, and the introductions to Lando and Yoda. It generated some of the most quotable lines in Saga: "Do or do not, there is not try."; "I love you!" "I know."; "No, I am your father."; and so many more! The unmatchable score by John Williams for the pursuit of the Falcon through the asteroid field is still by far my favorite of all his compositions. And of course, the first appearances of Lando Calrissian and Boba Fett, who is one of my favorite characters in the Saga. The Battle Of Hoth is incredible, between the AT-AT's and snowspeeders.

But is The Empire Strikes Back my favorite? No, no it isn't.

Then which is, you ask. I shall tell you.



Star Wars. Well, now called A New Hope. The original 1977 movie that started it all. Its the movie that introduced us to the universe created by George Lucas.  It introduced us to Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford and made them household names. It introduced us to the Force, droids, the rebels, and the Empire. We saw X-Wings and Y-Wings battle T.I.E. Fighters for the first time, Star Destroyers chasing down a blockade runner. We met Han, Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, C-3PO, and R2-D2. We met the most popular villain in film history in Darth Vader. We witnessed the power of the Death Star for the first time. We heard the monstrous theme from the mind of John Williams for the first time.

These are not the reasons A New Hope is my favorite. Its not because its the first Star Wars movie I saw. Its because it takes me back to being a kid. I remember when I was 9 or 10, after the opening credits scrolled across the screen on the T.V., I remember flipping the coffee table over onto its side, taking cover, and blasting stormtroopers along side the rebel fleet troopers as they boarded the Tantive IV. Ducking behind the table for cover, popping up firing a couple shots from some toy weapon, bound and determined to stop the Imperials from taking the ship. That is why A New Hope is my favorite. Every time I see that opening scene, I'm transported back to being a kid again. This is also the reason that I chose a Rebel Fleet Trooper to be my first costume project which I plan to use to join the Rebel Legion, one of my goals for this year.

So I leave you with this question: What is your favorite Star Wars movie? Think about it and let me know!!!

Until next time:

Live long and prosper.

May the Force be with you.

And may God bless you richly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2019 New Year's Resolutions

Daddy/Daughter Date Night

Storage Finds!